Hello All-
I have found a blog that not only should be useful but entertaining. I want to teach 3rd grade and found
http://oneextradegree.blogspot.com/ as a resource. This teacher (Amanda) is very into literacy and creating fun and interesting ways to expand her student's literacy skills. As we all know, literacy is crucial in all levels but how to teach it and foster a love of reading with students is paramount in the early grades. I have not read all of her blogs but anticipate reviewing them to see what I can implement and use in my classroom. I am also looking for another blog to follow that might incorporate a more complete picture of a classroom. I have found that many of the blogs out there give practical advice and implementation techniques and others are almost used as parental involvement. An interesting way to use technology as a tool to keep in touch with parents. At any rate, check One Extra Degree out, maybe it will help you out as well. Miriam
3 comments:
Hi Miriam!
I really enjoyed reading a bit from the blog you discovered. Incorporating literacy into math is something I think will make it more palatable for students and in my case, their teacher...it's also something I'd never thought about before. Although we've got a lot of things working against us as first year teachers, the blogosphere is definitely on our side, and it's available 24/7. I'm curious to read more about how you plan to collaborate with your fellow teachers and also use blogs or other teacher research in your classroom. Good find! RAM
Hi Miriam,
I am intrigued by the idea of using a blog as a way to help improve parent involvement. I guess using that as a tool would depend on the demographics as parents from lower SES will be less likely to have access to a computer, but who knows how things will change in the next few years? Still, it's an interesting idea and one to keep in mind.
~Lacey
Hi Miriam,
I just checked out your blogspot for the week and found it to be informative. I still don't know if I'll ever get the hang of blogging. I seem to still have trouble finding the 'good' stuf that all of you guys found. I'll try it again because I think once I get used to the blogosphere it will be an invaluable resource in connecting with other teachers. I loved the idea of keeping in touch with parents through a blog. I also came across that this week. I just wonder if it is a median that most parents can get into the habit of using? We'll see, I guess.
---Debora
Post a Comment