Thursday, May 26, 2011
My Role as a Teacher
As I am reading over the syllabus, I am trying to wrap my mind around what it means to develop a Personal Philosophy of Education. What does that mean to me? Where do I begin? I have decided to dig in to what I feel my role as a teacher will be. I believe that a teacher is to be someone that desires to teach kids. About subjects, about themselves about others, and about life. That being said, I think that teachers need to be good role models and need to realize that we live our lives in a fishbowl. That we must always think about what a kid might think of our reactions, comments, behaviors and how that might impact each student. We need to recognize that we do have an impact on each student (be it positive or negative) and that will affect our classroom. In our 2252 class we discussed how we as teachers are 'famous' and cannot go anywhere without being recognized. What a sobering thought, now I not only have my own children watching my every move but now I will have another person's child watching... with or without my knowledge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment